Suzanne LightfootJunior High Language Arts and Title 11-507-336-2563
Mrs. Lightfoot's Classroom Expectations
I will be RESPECTFUL
• I will show respect and consideration to my peers and the adults of this school.
• I will address my peers and the adults of this school with appropriate language and tone.
• I will practice and adhere to the discipline plan of this school. (Located in the school handbook.)
I will be RESPONSIBLE
• I will bring my notebook, pencil, and a pen to class every day as well as any other supplies stated for the day.
• If I am absent, it is my responsibility to arrange to make up missing work.
• I know Mrs. Lightfoot is available before and after school if I need extra help.
• I will complete and turn in assignments on time.
I will be READY
• I will have my books and supplies binder at my seat before the tardy bell rings.
• I will write down the Homework Assignment at the beginning of class every day.
• I will learn and follow this daily routine.
- If I am absent I have the opportunity to make up class work.
- I have the same number of days to make up my work that is equal to the number of days I missed school.
- If I miss a day that an assignment was due and I was in attendance when the work was assigned I am expected to turn in the work upon my return to class.
- If I miss a day when a test was given I must make up the test upon my return to school.
- If I was absent from the class, but was present for any part of that day I am responsible for turning in any assignment due that day and I do not fall under the guidelines as “absent”.
- I am expected to turn in all work when it is due.
- If I earn a 69% or below on a test I may ask the teacher to take a retest.
- I must attempt a retest no later than three days after the test is returned to me.
Plagiarism and/or Cheating:
- Plagiarism is using someone else’s ideas or words as your own without giving proper credit. This is not tolerated.
- If I am found plagiarizing I will earn a ZERO on the assignment and I may face disciplinary action based on Milroy’s Student/Parent Handbook.